About MeI have a background in social welfare and community projects working within a homeless charity supporting people with often complex and chaotic lives. Being exposed to the distress that people experienced touched me and I decided to continue my education and train to be a counsellor. I have been counselling since 2009. I have worked at several counselling services providing one to one counselling as well as training and working for the relationship charity, Relate, where I qualified as a couple counsellor.
I have experience of working with people with a large range of issues. Below I include just some of the areas my clients and I have worked on together.
Depression, anxiety, grief, suicidal thoughts, bereavement, relational problems, separation, divorce, conflict, affairs, self harm, stress, loss, self esteem, family issues, childhood trauma or abuse, substance misuse, low confidence, loneliness, panic attacks, lack of purpose, sense of discontent, anger, parenting, shame, guilt, adult trauma, and communication.
I am passionate about counselling and believe that the supportive relationship and the insights that occur in counselling can create change and move people from feeling distressed to a sense of well being.
I am a member of the professional body British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework.
My registration can be checked by going to BACP ‘Check the register’ and entering my practitioners number shown on the badge in the top right hand corner or click here.
- Certificate in Counselling skills
- Diploma in Social Welfare
- Advanced University Diploma in Couple Counselling
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate of Qualification as a Relate Counsellor
Continued Professional Development
- Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- NSPCC Safeguarding Children
- Using Attachment and Neuroscience in Therapy
- Mental Health and Couple Counselling
- Domestic Violence Assessment and Intervention
- Domestic Violence Assessment Structured Interview
- Telephone Counselling
- Understanding Drugs and Addiction